Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Music to my Ears

The weather in the ATL has been absolutely beautiful these past few days. I would even venture to say that it is getting hot here in what some call "Hotlanta" (read: most Atlantans make fun of people who say this, but I thought it was fitting). Since the weather is getting warm, one of my most favorite things to do is ride in the car, with the windows down, sun roof open and listen to my favorite summer jams.

I like to think that everyone has one jam that they listen to when their windows are down. A "summer" song or album. My summer album is Garth Brooks' Double Live album. I think I love this album for warm weather driving because it reminds me so much of my college days. I can remember blasting "Calling Baton Rouge" and "Two Pina Coladas" during many spring breaks in college. "Friends in Low Places" is a song that nearly everyone would belt out during parties.

It is funny how when I am in the car I can put on my music and day dream or remember things from the past. It must be because I am always battling Atlanta traffic and have the time on my hands! I always say that every summer there is one hit song that it is stuck in everyone's head. Last summer it was the "I Kissed a Girl Song". Though, I'm not one to kiss girls, I did think that song was catchy. I wonder what the hit song of the summer will be this year....

No comments:

Post a Comment