Monday, May 11, 2009

Craft update.

A while back I talked about mimicking a paining that I found online. Well since I have a new camera I can now show you what I have done... YAY.

So this is what I painted:



I haven't decided what to do with them yet... or if i even like them but there they are.


I also was inspired by an Athens local artiest: Cecil Allie. I have been searching to find some of her art work online - but I have failed. She is known for her 'chicks' and flowers. It is folk art. my feeling on art is that it has to speak to you... that's it. It does not have cost a lot of money or be technically sophisticated.
Since I am trying to be especially frugal - I tried my hand at a C.Allie inspired artwork. It is a watercolor - and most of cecil's are acrylic and on scrap wood. But I tried.




My other find... yard sale find that is a 8x10 - I wasn't there early but people didn't know what they were missing and the owner didn't know what she had. So I snatched it up.... it was a single red guinea, but not just any guinea is was a Cornbread. Loud and Proud right on the front it displayed the name Cornbread.

I got this guinea for $5.00. SHOCK and AWWW.... I didnt negoticae the cost. Similar paintes are for same for around $200.00. Needless to say I was thrilled.




No comments:

Post a Comment