Tuesday, January 6, 2009

WOW... we are starting a Blog

Hi…. I am southern belle one.

Ok, introductions aside and on to the ‘get-to-know-you’ portion. I am a twenty something, Dave Ramsey following, self proclaimed do it your-selfer, make-up loving, slightly design-obsessed southerner that is trying to loss the ‘consulting 20’ (and avoid the next 20) while keeping my sanity by taking life one step at a time. I can honestly say that I truly under-estimated how much I was going to miss my care free college days. Working allows me to be independent to a fault – which I love. While Mom and Dad will always be there for me if I fall flat on my face, I have leaned enough on them in the past 20 some odd years. This brings us to the job – the treasure that allows me self -sufficiency.

The job. I was determined to have a job lined up by the time I graduated. The last thing that I wanted to do was graduate college and move home. While I love my parents very much, for my own sanity I could never move home. Believe me it is oh so tempting when you add up all the money that I could have saved, but no reason to dwell on the past. I digress. While interviewing, I really had no idea what I wanted to do. So I went to the career fair and walked up to as many of the tables and landed as many interviews that I could fit into my schedule and prayed. I was offered the perfect job for someone who doesn’t really know what they want to do. Consultants. I don’t even know what to say about us. Sometimes you can move from project to project in a matter of months and other times you settle into a project for a longer period of time. I have been working for the same project since I started. It has been nice to adjust to the working world in one place but I am getting restless. Since June I have been waiting on the edge of my seat to be told where I am going next. I am dying to move to NYC. After a recent breakup after 4 years I realized that today is the day. If I don’t get the ball rolling now to pursue my dream of living in The City then it will never come true. I have told HR that this is the only place that I would relocate. So now I wait and wait until I am about to leave the current project.

Now let’s move on to what is more interesting. Why a blog? Do I really have time for this? Shouldn’t I just talk to my friends and families about my issues? Well let’s face it – sometimes it is just easier to tell a stranger about your problems. Plus you can solicit advice and receive and honest unbiased opinions. This is also a great place to come and not be judged.



Chat Soon,

Belle One

No comments:

Post a Comment