Monday, June 8, 2009

The Wedding

One of my best friends got married this past weekend. I have know her since i was 4 years old. We were the only two from out high school to go to Auburn and really she is just very dear to me. She got married on St Simons Island (island number 2). It was the most beautiful wedding that I have ever been too. And I really am not just saying that because I love her very much, and I have been to some wonderful weddings. there were a few minor things that i would change - but not many. So I will give you a few pics:

First the church was the most beautiful church I have ever seen:
And then where our flowers....

And of course the bride.....



(her veil was monogrammed.... yes we are southern)

And let me tell you... her family knows how to get down. The Band of Oz was great! And since the wedding was at 5 there was plenty of time to dance dance dance!

There was a beer and bit Thursday night - instead of a sip and see so they didn't have to lug the gifts to the beach which was fine with me.

Friday we had a brides maids luncheon and the rehearsal. Now the rehearsal - the guys had golfed all day and had a few beers. Most where respectful but there was one that was not. I think that may be the biggest understatement of the world. He was so wasted at the rehearsal that he could barely stand up and he started mocking the minister. Thats right mocking the minister. The groom told him that if he acted like that tomorrow that he would be observing the wedding and will not be participating. That night at dinner his wife lead into him - she is very straight laced and it was like the old Joe came out. It was bad. thankfully he straightened up for the actually wedding but we all had a few doubts.

anyway i need to get a good night sleep so i can tackel the stack of work i came back too. more updates tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. The bridesmaids dresses are HOT! lol, bridesmaid dresses usually have a bad rep.

    http://mambarose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete